This is going to be a simple post, really. I need a centralised place to detail my work, contact methods, and other things as well.
I have been involved in translating the following things to Norwegian Bokmål:
VLC, Audacity, SMPlayer, Plex Web, WordPressCOM, WordPress Android, WordPress iOS, Barcode Scanner¹, PeaZip, VLC Android, Nova Launcher², Osu!, DNS66, Adblock Plus¹², PCSX2¹, RouterCheck, HandBrake Linux, Unchecky, Tampermonkey, Stocard, Geekuninstaller, Disqus, SumatraPDF, Subtitle Edit, Team Win Recovery Project¹, QTTabBar, Open Camera, OBS Studio¹², AdBlock, Gravatar, Poedit, bitwarden¹, XNViewMP, SageThumbs¹, and Mp3tag¹.
¹ = Not used in the stable release channel at the time of writing.
² = Only minor modifications were needed.
Statistics for Google Translation contributions, as far as Google Translate Community is concerned:
English → Norwegian: 2,161
Norwegian → English: 510
Danish → English: 203
I have also translated YouTube videos from Vinesauce and PistolShrimps¹.
I fully accept translation works for short-term hire. I may choose to decline if I find the thing that is to be translated as being repulsive, but overall I love the thought of supplementing my universal basic income by making Norwegians’ lives better. I have a poorly founded dream of one day getting to translate for… Bitdefender, MeWe or Hauppauge, I guess?
I am capable of writing transcriptions as well, such as on this video.
Web filter lists
I have created a Norwegian filter list, motivated by both security and brevity reasons, that has been accepted to filterlists.com and to Known Adblock Plus subscriptions. The quest to include it into uBlock Origin, has not yet succeeded.
To prove that webfilters are not evil, I also created Stay On The Phone Browser, that aims to remove something that is not controversial, and aimed at a small niché.
I have created extended keyboard layouts for the Latin and Cyrillic alphabets, which are far and beyond more extended than their Windows equivalents for Nordic and Russian languages, and that are slightly more extended and practical than their Mac/Linux equivalents. They are in the process of being uploaded online for public consumption.
Worked as a plastifier of books at the Trondheim Folkebibliotek Sentrum library from ca. 2011-2012.
Worked as an allround part-time worker at the Tiller Bydelskafé cafeteria from 2014-2017.
I’m still trying to forget those miserable years.
I am listed on the Bitdefender Bug Bounty Hall of Fame for having reported about and assisted in solving a bug in Bitdefender Home Scanner, that caused printers to print out random code and to waste paper in the process.
I am a tulpamancer, and would love to contribute to anything that’d help normalize or study the nature of them. In particular, through my experiences and first-hand observations, I harbour a theory that tulpas, angels, ghosts, schizophrenic visions, and spirit guardians can all be grouped into one category, that I am very willing to help prove is in fact not supernatural in any way whatsoever.
I consider myself to be a charitable person, and I am a paying full member of Amnesty International’s Norwegian sector, as I see that they serve productively working humans who are at extreme risk of mistreatment. I have however not chosen to attend any of their arrangements thus far.
I have substantial experience with various wiki projects and with wiki markup codes, and I feel I have been able to aid a little bit where I feel that it’s needed.
Born in January 1995, last time I checked.
- Aspergers syndrome (Diagnosed)
- Bipolarity (Not officially diagnosed, but I receive medications with it in mind.)
- Mild respiratory botherances of unknown cause
- Kick scooter (During summer and autumn, for distances up to 3.5 km)
- Jogging (For distances up to 1km)
I consider myself to be splendid at writing both Norwegian and English, which comes in handy when I do translation tasks.
My computer skills are pretty good. I take security and modernity very seriously, I have mastered such tools as GitHub and Poedit, and how to do great things in the Windows registry. Basically, I know all the important computer stuff except for coding things from scratch.
I am very good at sorting things, and love to do it as well. If I’m tasked to organize some shelves, do a translation, set up a PC, or optimalize an apartment’s furniture, I’d be eager to take on the mission. Especially if I got to do those things in my own ways.
I consider myself a good chef if given the right tools, and can cook somewhat healthy and very appetizing meals.
I feel that I am competent with using the sound editing tool Audacity, which I am able to use to e.g. create mashups every now and then, among many other things I can do with it.
The proficiency levels in the paranthesises roughly adher to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
I can speak
Norwegian Bokmål (C2), English (C1), Norwegian Nynorsk (B1)
I can write
Norwegian Bokmål (C2), English (C2), Norwegian Nynorsk (B1), Danish (A2)
I can hear
Norwegian Bokmål (C2), Norwegian dialects (C1 for most of them, B2-B1 for rural southern and northwest ones), English (C1 or B2, depending on the source), Swedish (B2), Danish (B1)
I can read
Norwegian Bokmål (C2), English (C2), Norwegian Nynorsk (C1), Danish (C1), Swedish (B2), German (A1)
Additionally I know what the letters of the Cyrillic script actually sounds like. It doesn’t mean that I can actively understand Russian writings, but it makes all the difference in the world when it comes to loanwords (on posters and such) and names.
Contact methods at the time of writing
• E-mail: imreeil42 at-sign gmаil dot сom
• Alternate E-mail: imreeilgarbage at-sign gmаil dot сom
• Google Hangouts: imreeil42 at-sign gmаіl dot соm
• The Making WordPress community on Slack: at-sign dandelionsprout
• MeWe: Invitation only. Only people who know me dearly, can apply to see me there. It is however the place where I am the most active.
• SMS (Not for phone calls!): +47 4бб 55 Ʒ95
• Finn.no³: Imre Eilertsen
• Posten Digipost³: Imre Kristoffer Eilertsen
• The contact form at the bottom of this article.
• Physical post address: If you request it, and you cite a good reason for needing it, I may or may not give you it in private.
You should be aware that some of the entries above have been obfuscated by lookalike Unicode letters. You should therefore write the entries manually in order to reach me, instead of pasting them into a bar of some sort.
If you ever were to experience that I am unavailable on every one of the above methods (excluding Norway-only methods if you live outside of Norway), then I can add furthermore contact methods to the list.
³ = Methods that are under typical circumstances only available to Norwegians and people with ties to Norway, due to those services only operating in that country.
If you want to support me
• Donation link on PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/DandeeSprout
• Donation number on Vipps (Norway only): 4бб 55 Ʒ95
• [Giftcards/Gifts/Codes/Purchases] for Deezer, Egon, Norwegian hardware stores, Norwegian book stores, eBay, GOG.com, Schibsted, OneCall (the Norwegian phone operator), TrueCaller Professional, Microsoft Office 365 Home, PlayStation Store, Nintendo eShop, Steam, Pixiv, MeWe, 3DMark Time Spy, VSDC Video Editor, Google Play, WordPressCOM, bitwarden, GitHub, MightyText, Paysafecard, XXL (the Norwegian sports outlet), Microsoft Store, or Coop.
• Many of my websites support Flattr, meaning that Flattr subscribers will benefit me a teeny tiny little bit.
• Donate to Amnesty International, Wikileaks, War Resisters’ International, Atheist Alliance, or International Planned Parenthood Federation.
• Give thumbs up to Q-Meieriene suggestions that involve the public release of stevia products.
• Request to hire me for short-term jobs.
• Coppers in TrackMania United Forever or in ManiaPlanet, even though they have practically zero monetary value of any sort.
• If you live in a northern European country, you can unsubscribe from your national church, to help show statistically that northern Europe has become atheistical.
• Sign up for stuff through various referration campaigns: Flattr, MightyText.
• I don’t make an active effort to accept altcoins at the moment, but I can do so upon the intention of donating some to me.